Training Widget

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lunch time run

Day 251 - September 8, 2009

The plan was to run before work today, but when the alarm went off and it was pouring rain, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I don't mind running in the rain, but I don't feel all that safe running in the rain in the dark. Around here the roads are just too narrow and people drive too fast.

I took my shoes and some running clothes to work and made time to run at lunch. Fortunately, no one scheduled any "working" lunch meetings and I had an hour of "free" time. I mapped out a quick 5 mile out and back route on gmap-pedometer, and I was off. The route was one of those run to the top of the hill, go down the other side, turn around and come back. Not a lot of flat space, but it was good to get in some sustained climbs. I finished the run in ~40 minutes which gave me 20 minutes to shower and change and be back to work. Not bad.

I like that the streak forces me to find creative ways to get my run in. It would have been really easy to blow off today with it raining, but I hate excuses. If I can find time to run everyday, so can anyone else. I hate when people tell me they are too busy to exercise. Are they really that much more busy that I am or is it about the choices we make?

1 comment:

Ace said...

Choices, choices, and more choices. I know all of those "other" choices because I used to make them too. No time for that with the streak! Finding creative ways/places to run ftw!