Training Widget

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Quick Two Miles

Day 92 - April 2, 2009

With just two days remaining until the Charlottesville 10 miler, I wanted to get in one more run with a quicker pace, but short enough that I wouldn't have any recovery issues. For me, that meant a conservative two miles at just over what I hope to be race pace. I've also shifted my run to the same time as the race, which meant I wasn't completely awake or loosened up. After a slightly slower start, I hit the mile mark in 7:17. Not too bad.

At the turn, I didn't really notice that I picked up the pace, but I was feeling better and found my breathing to be much easier. I intentionally ignored my watch for the rest of the run. I didn't want to turn today's effort into a mini-race. I kept my stride comfortable and thought about different sections of the course for Saturday. When I reached my driveway, I clicked the watch and was pleasantly surprised to see that I was just under 14 minutes. That's a 6:43 second mile.

One more easy run tomorrow!

No comments: