Training Widget

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Happy Independence Day America! To celebrate today, I joined my wife at the annual 4th of July 5K in Charlottesville. Since one of us had to stay with our daughters, I volunteered to run the course before the race started and then cheered on the 300+ runners with the girls. Meg did awesome and ran one of her best times - probably because of signs the girls made in the car to cheer her on!

After the race, my friend Roger and I went back out for another 4.6 miles. It was a great way to spend a cool July morning.

Since the girls had headed home after the race, I had them leave my bike at the race and I rode the 16.5 miles home. The weather was perfect today.

Maybe this afternoon I'll take a nap and then its off to the fireworks this evening. I can't wait!

No comments: