Training Widget

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dover Foxcroft 5K

Day 261 - May 24, 2008

IT was beautiful morning for a 5K and the 40 or so people who showed up were treated to a great 5K. The course was flat and fast and the volunteers did a great job keeping traffic safely aware of all the runners.

For me, the last week has been lousy for running, but I decided at the last minute to give it a shot. I felt really good at the start, but by 3/4 of a mile I was wondering why I felt so bad. I assumed it was due to the virus I've been fighting all week, but my mile split quickly told me the problem. what was I thinking going out in 6:04? I immediately backed off the pace and hoped I'd be able to hang on. It wasn't fun, but I made it. My time wasn't so bad either.

I'm looking forward to next year and running the race virus free. I think that could be one of the fastest 5Ks the area has to offer.


Day: 261 Time/Date: 8:00 AM 5/24/2008 Weather: Clear, 60F
Run: Dahlia Miles: 3.1 Time: 20:48 Pace: 6:43 min/mile
Miles to Date: 868 Total Running Time: 106:24:10

No comments: