Training Widget

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

107 miles in 20 days

Day 566 - July 20, 2010

Here we are just 20 days into the month and I have almost matched my total miles for all of June. With today's 8 miles at the track, I've logged 107 miles for the month. Crazy.

Today was one of those days where compromises were required. I've been encouraging my wife to run more and to meet her running partner in the mornings before I have to go to work. Well, yesterday I was going to get up early and go to the track for an 8 mile interval workout but I overslept and was lucky to have time for 2 miles. No big deal, I'll just run it on Tuesday. Whoops - that's the wife's day to run early.

Knowing that we have solid plans this evening, there was only one option. Get up and run BEFORE my wife's early morning run. Yes in deed, I was out of bed at 4:45 am, out the door at 5:05 and on the track to start at 5:16! After a mile warm-up, I ran 8x800m repeats with a 400 jog in between. I then drove home so the wife could leave for her run and I ran a mile in front of the house while the kids slept. Turns out I finished my mile before the wife even pulled out of the driveway, so all turned out well and I was finished with 8 miles before most of my neighbors were even awake.

And to all those people who say they don't have time to run, I say "Pishaw"! If you have the will, you have the time.

1 comment:

Ace said...

People who say they don't have time to run, don't really want to. This is reinforced by streaking! One more day down...well done!