Training Widget

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New Shoes and a new running shirt

Day 231 - August 19, 2009

It was like Christmas in July for me today as I decided it was time for new shoes and a new running shirt. The shoes are Asics-2140. They didn't have the red this time, so I went with the electric blue - I know, very fancy. I still think Asics makes the best shoe for my foot and they seem to have rectified the problem with the dead midsoles they were trying to sell a couple years ago.

The shirt I bought was a performance t-shirt by Under Armour. Nothing special as far as running shirts go, but it was comfortable. I have no idea how good it will be at wicking. Tonight's run was the most humid run I've been on this summer. I was drenched within the first mile and I don't think any shirt could have kept up with my sweating under those conditions.

I'm now just a few miles shy of 900 for the year and the streak. That keeps me on pace for 1400+ miles for the year, but I'll need to bump up my average if I'm going to set an all-time high (1424 miles - 2005).

No comments: