Training Widget

Monday, August 2, 2010

Time to review my goals from January

I was cruising through my friends' Facebook stati (I guess the plural of status is similar to the plural of octopus)and my good friend at Empowering Moments - Personal Training for the Body, Mind, and Soul asked the question - how are those New Years Resolutions coming along? At first I thought, man I'm killing it. But then I wondered, am I? So below, I've relisted them with the current updates:

1. Run everyday and accumulate at least 1500 miles
- So far so good...on pace for 1600 miles

2. Break 18:30 in a 5K
- first race is in two weeks - we'll see how it goes

3. Break 65 minutes in the Charlottesville 10 miler
- done - Ran sub 63 minutes

4. Break 24 minutes in a 4 miler
-Men's 4 miler is in December - we'll see

5. Run at least 3 races of 10 miles or more
- 2/3 complete - scheduled a marathon on October 31

6. Run a marathon or 2 half marathons
- ran a half marathon, full scheduled on October 31

7. Qualify for Boston
-remains to be seen on October 31. Back-up plan is Richmond in November

8. Do at least 100 push-ups in a single set
- Got to 70 and then fell off the wagon. Need to restart program.

9. Do at least 15 pull-ups in a single set
- Got to 7 and then fell off the wagon. Need to restart program.

10. Do at least one 50 mile ride on my bike.
-Wow, completely forgot about this goal. I haven't even had my bike out yet. Time to get started on this one!

Looks like I'm on the right track for 7/10, but I have some work to do. I'm going to try and hold myself accountable for the rest of the year and hopefully get there without screwing up my marathon training. But since many of my goals hinge on that marathon, I'll let the others go if something has to suffer.


1 comment:

Ace said...

I think there is a lot of success there, congrats!