Training Widget

Friday, May 7, 2010

A day of bragging

Day 492 - May 7, 2010

Ok, I'm turning off any amount of humble filter I have, so if you don't want to read about my self boasting, now would be a good time to hit the back button and continue on with your web surfing.

Still here? Good.

So here goes, I'll try not to hurt myself patting my own back.

First off, the Official Tough Mudder results have been verified and were posted today. I thought I did pretty well and was really happy with my time of 57 minutes. But to be honest, I figured I probably finished somewhere in the first 200-300 people. Boy was I wrong! I finished in 42nd place! I couldn't believe it. That should be good enough to put me in the top 5% that get invited to the national series final, and have a chance to be the World's Toughest Mudder. Not bad for a 37 year old bald guy.

The second thing I want to toot my own horn about is my lifetime mileage. With today's 3 mile run, I now have logged 15,000 miles. The Pacific Ocean is less that 13,000 miles at its widest point. You know which two cities are 15000 miles from one another? Go ahead, guess. That's right - none! Because 15000 miles is more than half way around our little planet. Ok, ok, I know you don't have to take the shortest distance. But if I told you that New York and Philadephia were 24,000 miles apart, you wouldn't believe me either.

Ok, I'm done. That was fun. Now back to running! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments: