Training Widget

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Answer to most asked question - amended

Day 363 - September 3, 2008

A few days ago I answered the most frequent question I am asked -" what do you do when you are really sick?" Well, I've learned the last two days that what the real question should be is, "What do you do when your entire family is sick?" Because let me tell you, that makes it much harder to find time to run. When the wife and both kids are flat on their backs in bed, alternating trips to the bathroom to puke everywhere but in something with a drain, it can be quite exhausting. Now I'm not looking for sympathy - I'll take clean up duties over vomming any day. But when everyone is finally asleep for a few minutes, the last thing I have wanted to do is go out and run. Last night I managed to sneak in one mile between clean-ups (yep less than 7 minutes) and today I barely could drag my sorry but down the road for 2 miles. This is not how I anticipated the lead up to the one year anniversary of this streak.

Oh well, when life throws you curve balls you can dive out of the way or stand in and keep swinging. I'll keep swinging for a few more days - it would be really sad if I stopped this streak so close to the anniversary.

Stay healthy - C

Day: 362 Time/Date: 9:10 PM 9/2/2008 Weather: Indoors, 76F
Run: Treadmill Miles: 1.0 Time: 06:49 Pace: 6:49 min/mile
Miles to Date: 1183.2 Total Running Time: 145:47:17

Day: 363 Time/Date: 7:30 PM 9/3/2008 Weather: Cloudy, 84F
Run: Dahlia Miles: 2.0 Time: 16:36 Pace: 8:18 min/mile
Miles to Date: 1185.2 Total Running Time: 146:03:53

No comments: