Training Widget

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

5 Days and Counting

Day 664 - October 26, 2010

Today was just an easy three. I've been reading a lot about carbo loading and avoiding the bonk. One of the coolest things I found this week is an Endurance Calculator.



I don't know that I believe the 2:14, but I hope the conservative estimate of 3:15 is correct. I was happy to see that my max VO2 is around 60 based on my resting heart rate of 47 (that's an average of the 45 I had this evening and the 50 I counted at work this morning).

Another great article was just published in PLOS Computational Biology by Benjamin Rapoport. Metabolic Factors Limiting Performance in Marathon Runners provides a lot of interesting relationships between, carboloading, max VO2, and marathon pace time. I'm really interested in seeing how this plays out for me. There are plenty of equations and graphs to really get your inner running science geek excited.

No comments: