Training Widget

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Finally some daylight

Day 689 - November 20, 2010

Today was a great running day. First I went to Dick's Sporting Goods and picked up a new pair of shoes, the Asics 2050. I took a step back from the Kayanos for the winter. Not really sure why I did, but felt that I could save $40 and probably get almost as many miles. My current Kayanos only lasted about 430 miles, which was down quite a bit from the 500 I got out of the last pair. We'll see how it goes.

But, it would be criminal if I didn't tell you about the deal I got. Apparently Dicks is offering a shoe warranty program that you can buy into to and they will replace your shoes, at no additional cost if they don't last a year. Yes, I said a year. This includes normal wear and tear from running. I'm skeptical, but I asked, and they say they will replace them even if I wear the bottoms off from 350 miles of running. For $12, I figured it was worth the risk to see if I really can get new shoes for up to one year. I typically go through 4-5 pairs of shoes in a year - we'll see how many times they will replace them, but even if I only get one free pair, I'm coming out way ahead! I'll report back in a 2-3 months when it is time to replace these.

I then came home and put them on for a road test. It was great to get out for more than an hour in the daylight. I ran about 8.5 miles and it was awesome. I now have cracked the 1600 mile mark for the year, and I'm thinking I might be able to get to 1800 by New Years. That would absolutely destroy last years record of 1460! We'll see how it goes.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: